Are you selling your home by owner? The good news is that you have plenty of tools at your disposal. Still, selling your home by owner, especially for the first time, can be a little overwhelming. This list of do’s and don’ts for FSBOs from forsalebyowner.com will help you stay on the right track when selling your home on your own.
- Use the internet. According to the National Association of Realtors, 93% of buyers start their home search online. Get your home on online listing sites to get the attention of these buyers.
- Figure out how much time-on-market is costing you. If your price is too high and your house sits on the market, you’re slowly losing equity in your home. Adjusting your price can help bring in more offers.
- Offer a commission to buyers’ agents. The traditional commission for buying and selling agents together is 6%, so offer the buyers agent 3% for his or her services.
- Enlist the help of friends, family, and neighbors. Use your network to your advantage when selling your home. You never know who might come through for you.
- Get help if you need it. For sale by owner assistance can help you with the process of selling your home on your own without an agent.
- Automatically assume you’re at a disadvantage to agents. When you first list your home, many agents will try to get you to list with them instead. You have almost all the tools available to you that they have, and they certainly don’t have secret lists of buyers. If they’re representing a buyer already, they may be trying to represent you as well to get both halves of the commission.
- Add back the commission in the asking price. This is easy to spot and turns off buyers and agents.
American Home Title Group has been helping Marylanders with their title needs for over 25 years. In the ever-volatile real estate industry, a company’s longevity can be attributed to the quality of its work. With more than 120 years of experience in real estate and titles, American Home Title Group is your Howard County title company ready to provide you with the best experience possible in every capacity.
To get you started on the way to titling your home, try our free title settlement quote program here. You can fill it out for a free, no obligation title quote. It’s easy and fast so you’ll have the information you need in seconds. Contact us for more information about our title and other real estate services.
As your title company, American Home Title Group is ready to assist you today with a variety of real estate needs you may have. Contact us now to begin your home titling process. Our phone number is 410-750-8500. To reach us via email, please send a message to email@example.com. Follow our blog and keep up with us on Google+, Facebook, and Twitter.